Guideline LPX Coastal Fly Rod
Totally new materials, a sturdy focus on environment and a new mindset for designing the ultimate rods for saltwater- and predator fishing: The LPX Coastal are truly remarkable! An uncompromised rod series made for hardcore fishing with streamers after trophy trout, seatrout hunting along coastal shorelines or your dream trip to tropical destinations. Thanks to the new building technique, we can make longer rods with the same feeling of a shorter one.
The 8-10-12wt rods are kept at 9ft in order to fight the larger fish these are made for and to keep down the pressure on the wrist with these heavier lines. These rods are also more targeted towards the tropical angler that often fish from a boat and doesn’t need the extra reach. Read more about the Pros and Cons of 9’3” vs. 9’ length in Coastal Flyrods in our blog. The action is fast with a quick recovery. Compared with our previous saltwater models the LPX Coastal rods are lighter, crisper, livelier and feature a slightly deeper curve. This makes them easier to cast and more tolerant to raw force or excessive wrist movement which we often use “accidentally” while trying to achieve the longest casts.
The new LPX Coastal is the result of 3 years intense research and sourcing to find the optimum and best available solutions for both performance and a “greener” technology in every single component and part of the rod. The advanced carbon layup in these rods features C.A.P Technology (complex axial pattern) paired with a unidirectional carbon fiber structure for maximum strength and low weight. Unidirectional carbon fiber fabric is a type of carbon structure that is non-woven and features all fibers running in a single, parallel direction for maximum strength lengthwise. In a Complex Axial Pattern (CAP) prepreg layers are placed at varying angles to each other to maximize strength and stability in all directions. The properties and technical specifications of the materials used in these rods are the next level up from those used in our groundbreaking Elevation Series. Spectacular performance and strength despite an incredibly low weight.
THE MORE ECO FRIENDLY DETAILS
- C.A.P M4.0 Technology (Complex Axial Pattern) based on multiple layering of 40T and 36T materials.
- Eco Friendly PP shrink tape.
- No grinding of blanks.
- Super Grade cork grips and fighting butts with formamide-free EVA endings.
- Eco-Friendly, low VOC Epoxies used for assembly and rod coating.
- Stripper guides are full Titanium with Zirconia Super Lightweight inserts.
- Rod Bag in recycled Polyester.
- Low diameter, 50 mm rod Tubes made from PP (Polypropylene) with recycled polyester tube fabric.
- Tube uses YKK new NATULON zipper that is 89% chemically recycled polyester.
- No plastic sleeves on grips.
- All rods are 4-piece.