The ultimate, all-around fly line with low-stretch, ultra-slick performance.
- Long head for ultimate casting control
- Taper design to cast flies between #22 and #2
- Low-stretch ConnectCore Plus for the best in casting control, performance and smoothness
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast
- Features RIO's SureFire tricolored measuring system for increased accuracy and distance control
- Maxfloat Tip - Our all-new, proprietary tip coating formula floats more than twice as high as regular line tips, without any increase in diameter
The Elite RIO Gold has a taper design that gives incredible loop stability at distance and a front taper that delivers perfect presentation of flies between sizes #2 and #22. With a long head and back taper this line is an excellent all around fly line on rivers and lakes when long casts and complete line control are required. This line is built with RIO's low-stretch ConnectCore Plus, resulting in exceptionally smooth, durable fly lines, with the added benefits of incredible levels of sensitivity when casting and fishing, and providing enhanced detection of takes, faster hook sets, and far greater control when playing a fish. In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, RIO's proprietary coating technology, creating the slickest, most durable fly lines on the market. Lab tests show that lines built with SlickCast have the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line. The RIO Gold is the ultimate all round, floating line for the trout fly fisher.
- SureFire RIO’s triple color line marking system that makes it easy to gauge distances and load, with a quick glance.
- EasyID RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front Welded Loop A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging to a leader.
- Back Welded Loop A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.