Classic aesthetics with modern performance. Drawing inspiration from the historic Sage 500 series reels, the Modern Classics collection introduces reels designed for the angler longing for a nod to the past. A romantic appeal to designs and colors that reflect a classic feel of old yet packed with performance features that will assure you’ll never lose that fish of a lifetime.
The TROUT SPEY reel features our proven One Revolution, Sealed Carbon System (SCS) drag, while encompassing a full-frame design to assure thing running lines do not migrate between the spool and frame during dynamic casting motions. Similarly styled to the SPEY Reel, The TROUT SPEY has a larger width for increased shooting head capacity and greater weight to help better balance Trout Spey rods. In the 1/2/3 you have a reel perfectly suited to ultra-light Trout Spey applications or the angler looking for a lighter weight solution for their 3wt. The 3/4/5 offers a heavier solution for the 3wt or a nice match to a 4wt or 5wt Trout Spey rod.
Classic – now with smoother, more consistent, and reliable performance.
- SCS Drag
- Machined and anodized aluminum
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Machined 6061-T6 aero grade aluminum full frame construction
- Minimal porting for classic look and heavier balance
- Machined and anodized aluminum hub and ergonomic handle