Sage Trout Spey HD - the benchmark
- Swinging flies for trout
- Tailored to the latest developments in Trout Spey lines
- Ease of casting streamers
Featuring KonneticHD technology and a new fast action, the TROUT SPEY HD series of rods bring ease to lightweight spey techniques. Five rods from 10’3” to 11’3” excel with a variety of spey lines that are currently offered in 175-350gr sizes. The TROUT SPEY HD rods are primarily designed for spey casting as opposed to Switch rod style actions previously captured within Sage's Trout Spey category, and features an action designed for skagit and scandi style casting techniques with trout appropriate sized flies.
The TROUT SPEY HD action will improve upon the application with a more stable tip (a balance between stability and tippet protection) and a power adjustment to better handle Trout Spey specific lines currently on the market and the trend toward heavier lines. The added models in the series will give anglers more options to select appropriate sizes for their fishery (fly size, fish size, and environment), with a smaller 10’3” 3wt model designed to work well with the shorter spey heads that are extremely popular today. The two handed short-rod, short-head combination allows anglers to retrieve and fish flies much closer, opening up possibilities in tighter quarters and the ability to cover water more effectively.
Undeniably Trout Focused, Undeniably Fun.
- KonneticHD Technology
- Conifer blank color Dijon primary thread wraps with Tan trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Vera wood insert with down-locking reel seat
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle with decorative composite accent rings
- Cork composite fighting butt
- Tan rod bag with Brown logo and model tag
- Tactical Green aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- 2109-4: InTouch Skagit Trout Spey VersiTip #2 (200-250gr)
- 3110-4: InTouch Skagit Trout Spey VersiTip #3 (250-300gr)
- 4113-4: InTouch Skagit Trout Spey VersiTip #4 (300-350gr)