You're probably not going to be catching fish on cicadas, mayflies, and streamers all on the same day, but you never really know, so you'd might as well bring all your bug boxes along in the Umpqua Ledges 500 ZS Waist Pack. Reworked and revamped with a new look, the Ledges 500 maintains its same load-bearing design, suspended back panel, and easy-to-rotate construction that's made the pack popular among so many anglers, but it is now more streamlined to reduce snagging and efficiently carry all the gear you need for a full day on the river.
The pocket layout of the pack consists of a zippered main compartment with portfolio-style dividers to organize fly boxes, a front loft pocket for accessories, and multiple sheaths for whatever tools you don't like to go without. The new Zero Sweep fly patch and retractor stations give you a place to secure flies while they dry and keep your expensive hemostats secure, so you don't drop them in the drink. A large D-ring can be used to attach your net to the bag, and two water bottle pockets can be used to stash a couple of ice cold pops to celebrate that big rainbow you fool into eating a well-placed green drake.
- Handy waist pack for full-featured performance on the water
- Padded waist belt and shoulder strap make for an easy carry
- Load adjuster straps help to balance the load
- Waist pack provides 500 cubic inches of storage space
- Molded rubber tabs are ideal for a hemostat or attaching retractors
- Barbless fly-rigging work station temporarily holds flies
- Weatherproof pocket keeps electronics and valuables safely stowed
- External straps are ideal for attaching a rain jacket or sweater